Does your child have dyslexia?
Dyslexia is a learning disability that affects a person’s ability to read, write, and spell.
Signs and symptoms of dyslexia:
- Letter and number reversal after 7 years of age
- Delayed in learning to read
- Difficulty copying from the board or a book
- Disorganized writing
- Difficulty with spelling
- Difficulty with visual-spatial skills
- Difficulty differentiating left and right
- Lack of rhythm to music
- Difficulty maintaining attention
- Takes a long time to complete tasks
- Poor reading comprehension
- Poor sense of direction
Your child will experience success in our Reading Enrichment Program by…
- Understanding phonics rules and how to apply them to words
- Learning visualization techniques to memorize words that do not follow rules
- Increasing rate of recall to visual stimuli
- Improving eye-tracking coordination
- Increasing spelling accuracy
- Improving writing abilities
- Increasing rate of reading
- Improving reading accuracy
- Increasing fluency
- GAINING A LOVE FOR READING AND LEARNING!
At Enrichment Therapy and Learning Center, we are here to help! Contact us today to schedule a FREE screening.
Enrichment Therapy & Learning Center has locations in the Iowa City, IA area and Des Moines, IA area. We provide individual speech-language therapy and tutoring as well as offering small group academic programs. At Enrichment Therapy & Learning Center our passion is to help kids achieve effective communication skills and gain academic success. Contact us for more information on how we can help your child succeed.
740 Community Drive, Unit A
North Liberty, IA 52317
5530 West Pkwy, Suite 300
Johnston, IA 50131