What are your child’s new year’s resolutions?
The beginning of a new year is the perfect time to make adjustments to your family’s life. Involving your children in creating goals for the new year will help make the new year successful for the whole family. Here are some great new years resolutions for children:
- Get organized – Teach your child how to use a planner, organize his/her work, and take notes.
- Improve grades and study habits – Set realistic academic goals and make a chart to show their progress. Create a quiet study area away from distractions. Schedule a specific time of day as your child’s study time. Routine is important!
- Eat healthier foods – Improving your child’s health not only gives them more nutrition in their body, but it also boosts their brainpower! Swap out sugary snacks for fruits and veggies.
- Exercise more – Children don’t have to be involved in organized sports for exercise. Instead, take a walk outside or play some active yard games.
- Get more sleep – When children get at least 8 hours of sleep each night their body and brain will function better. Before bed, help children relax with 20 minutes of reading.
Enrichment Therapy & Learning Center has locations in the Iowa City, IA area and Des Moines, IA area. We provide individual speech-language therapy and tutoring as well as offering small group academic programs. At Enrichment Therapy & Learning Center our passion is to help kids achieve effective communication skills and gain academic success. Contact us for more information on how we can help your child succeed.
740 Community Drive, Unit A
North Liberty, IA 52317
5530 West Pkwy, Suite 300
Johnston, IA 50131